Monday, December 10, 2012

Dress for Success

 
 
In southern California, anything goes- especially with clothing.  Growing up below the Mason-Dixon line where pearls with polos were always in style and ripped jeans were left for lounging in the home or helping on the farm, I've found myself gawking at nearly every woman that passes me in the grocery store.  These grown, (and I'd like to think educated), women are prancing around in skirts that wouldn't fit most ten year-olds while falling out of their too tiny tops and wobbling on heels that should only be worn in the bedroom or at your local strip joint.  But, that's not all...  they wear these things to work.  Forever 21?  C'mon, who are you kidding with all those wrinkles?!

Now, I'm far from fashionable in my simple jeans, button ups, and pearls and so I understand I don't have much room to talk.  However, I remain true to southern form and keep modestly covered.  I realize that my wardrobe could use a little help and so could three quarters of those lovely locals still wearing their clothes from elementary school which is why I was thrilled when one of our town's best dressed began blogging about southern fashion with a twist.  Written for those that want to add a bit of trend and personal touch to their professional wardrobe, she covers topics from interview attire to the corporate Christmas party.  My personal favorite are her posts on casual Fridays - as we all know in SoCal that's every day.  And she does it with style!
 
So ladies of southern California, I urge beg you to take a moment, browse her posts, and trade the trash for class.  And please... you do NOT need Uggs when it's 60 degrees and you're wearing shorts and a tank top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me (Not literally- that'd be creepy!)