Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Frozen Yogurt and a Good Laugh


 
By golly, it’s hotter than hog’s breath in the middle of July and considering it is now October, I’m just not happy about it.  To make matters worse, we don’t have air conditioning.  Southern California has much to offer, but a nicely cooled home isn’t one of them- at least not if you’re within a bike ride or casual stroll to the shore.  Just to bring my core temperature down, I had to indulge in a trip to my favorite frozen yogurt shop for dinner.  (The thought of turning on an oven still makes me sweat.)  And because I knew my neighbors would also be in need of salvation, I dragged them with me.  We updated one another on the latest happenings in our lives, planned for the upcoming holidays, and vowed to do it more often.  We come from different walks of life, each of us having taken a different course, and somehow amidst all that God does in this world, He still found time to bring us together.  Last night we might have just taken on the heat (and won!), but it’s a start.  Who knows what we’ll take on next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me (Not literally- that'd be creepy!)