Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thirsty Thursday with a Twist

There are few things in life as satisfying as the sugary sweet tea served in the south.  But friendships, I’ve found, are one of them.  With boxes just barely making it off the moving truck, my doorbell rang, interrupting my “woe is me” moment.  Standing before me with a bottle of champagne and two champagne flutes for toasting, a Louisiana lovely welcomed me to the neighborhood.   We spent the evening amongst half-opened boxes, pouring out the champagne and our hearts, creating a friendship that would stretch just down the street and later a few thousand miles away.  Appreciated for her sweet tea and exquisite cooking and loved for her generous hospitality and open faith, I find myself wondering what new neighbor is currently considering themselves blessed.  (And if they’ve met her husband, it’s likely they’re feeling doubly blessed.)  Tonight, I send my toast to the other coast, counting my blessings and the days until we meet again. 


Picture and Recipe "Borrowed" from Louisiana Lovely
 
 
Watermelon-Lime Cocktails

1 seedless watermelon
2 limes
1 teaspoon honey/agave
¼ cup of water


In a blender, purée watermelon. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher. Add water, lime juice, sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Chill.

Serve as is with ice, or spiked with rum or tequila. Garnish glasses with lime slices. Sip and repeat.  Best if shared with friends.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me (Not literally- that'd be creepy!)