Thursday, November 8, 2012

Boo, October is Over!


Did you catch Target’s attempt to have us all bypass Halloween and jump straight in to Christmas? I’ll admit it; I have never truly enjoyed Halloween and found the idea tempting to say the least.  I consider digging out the inner guts of a pumpkin to be less than pleasing, dressing up to be exhausting, and the continuous ringing of the doorbell annoying.  Don’t even get me started on pumpkin spice, pumpkin pie, or pumpkin lattes.  I am the official Grinch of Halloween.  That is until I stumbled upon the TomKat studio’s post about Halloween, which spoke to my inner Christmas child. 

My favorite part of Christmas is giving.  And so, when I read Kim’s post on being booed, I knew I could begin looking at Halloween with a heart now three sizes bigger.    I immediately went to work on my own boo projects.



After returning to Target (ironically), I scavenged the dollar section and found these cute pumpkins, whoopee cushions, candy, miniature pumpkins, and a decorating kit.  After putting them together, I printed Kim’s free Boo Printables, and then dropped them off at two unsuspecting neighbors’ homes. Sadly and surprisingly, it didn’t catch on.  Frustrated, I returned to Target, created two more baskets and booed my co-workers.  This caught like wildfire in a rainless summer.  Every morning I walked in to work, heard the office buzzing about the recent “booing” and silently snickered as they tried to pin the person who started it all.  I loved every minute.

So, now that November’s here and Christmas is quickly approaching, I’m definitely in the holiday spirit!  I'll never look at October the same.  Maybe next year, you’ll be booed or start it yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me (Not literally- that'd be creepy!)